How to Prepare for the PE Exam
Passing the Principles and Practice of Engineering (PE) exam is an eligibility requirement to become a Professional Engineer (PE). Created, administered, and scored by the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying, the PE exam is a rigorous 8-hour test that consists of two 4-hour sessions. To pass the test, investing in a PE prep course is one of the most trusted ways to prepare for the five modules the exam entails.
Benefits of a PE Prep Course
Preparing for the PE exam through a prep course provides many benefits for students aiming to further their career. Whether you’re a first time test taker or are retaking the exam, a PE prep course provides incredible benefits that greatly enhance your chances of passing with a high score. Some benefits include:
- Instructors with skills and style to meet your needs. Unlike PE prep courses based on books, our course gives the opportunity to learn and interact with professors. This method increases retention as well as the ability to learn. Meeting with various instructors through a PE prep course allows you to learn from experts with years of experience in their area of expertise. Interacting with experts first-hand provides greater educational benefits than studying strictly from the pages of the book.
- Refresher classes. The topics covered in the PE exam are vast and varied. Chances are that you might have forgotten some of the theories and high probability problems you learned to solve in school. Fortunately, a PE prep course not only prepares you for the structure of the exam, but also refreshes topics that you may have forgotten about.
- Custom prep plan. Rather than focusing on the minute details and theories of engineering, a quality PE prep course spends the bulk of its time covering topics that are likely to appear on the test. This ensures that you’re prepared for the examination and will be able to score the highest results possible.
- Comprehensive review. There are many subject matters that will be covered over the course of an 8-hour exam. A PE prep course will cover these theories and problems in a logical, progressive manner that ensures that you’re not only ready for the test, but even more knowledgeable as an engineer as well.
- Practice Tests and Quizzes. Of course, no PE prep course is truly complete without a practice run-through of test day itself. By re-enacting what test day will look like, candidates will become familiar with the structure of the exam and its timed nature. This makes it easier to perform under pressure when test day arrives.
At the School of PE, our PE prep course is a comprehensive review that offers over 70 hours worth of material to study. Our pass rates are significantly higher than the national average, which is what our reputation hinges on. With School of PE, you have the opportunity to learn from 5 difference instructors who have years of experience in their fields. This means you’ll be able to easily assimilate the concepts and ideas necessary to perform well on the exam. Remember, not all review courses are created equal. The School of PE has the resources you need for success!