SE Vertical Forces
60-HOUR COMPREHENSIVE REVIEW COURSE WITH PRACTICE SESSIONS
We offer structural engineering review courses for Vertical Forces. We also offer a 60-hour review course for Lateral Forces.
Our review course offers a thorough review of a majority of the topics that will be covered on the SE Exam. Our 60-hour Vertical Forces review covers Analysis of Structures, Design and Details of Structures, Construction Administration, Design of Buildings, and Design of Bridges.
Our 60-hour Vertical Forces review course consists of refresher sessions and workshop sessions:
- Refresher Sessions - Prepares students by reviewing topics that are critical for the SE Vertical Forces exam. The course will allow students to experience some theory and high-probability problems. All topics will be taught in approximately 36 hours.
- Workshop Sessions -These allow our students to practice and solve several problems that require numerical solutions. All topics will be taught in approximately 24 hours. The workshops will exclusively consist of solving problems, which is critical for the SE exam.
If you are planning to take the SE exam(s), increase your confidence by enrolling in a SE Vertical Forces review course offered by School of PE. We will help you achieve your goal by:
- Focusing on important/high-probability topics that will appear on the exam
- Preparing you to possess essential problem-solving skills needed to pass the exam
- Covering topics in a logical, progressive manner
- Providing you with the confidence to breeze through the exam after the course
What do our students say about our courses?
Check out some testimonials from past School of PE students:
"I found the School of PE's Ondemand option for the SE Gravity to be very organized. I highly recommend this course because the instructors explained the engineering concepts thoroughly as well as providing practice problems. I credit my School of PE notes to helping me pass the exam especially, the afternoon essay problems."
-- Mr. Repaskey
HDR Engineering, Inc.
"The School of PE SE Vertical Forces course was a great way to survey the topics covered on the exam and see how the exam questions would test be worded. The instructors did a great job of looking at the material-specific design provisions and shared their expertise in how to solve problems quickly."
-- Mr. David
SCA Consulting Engineers
Sugar Land, TX
Question of the Week
The ratio of horizontal to vertical effective stress is known as ---------------
- A) Coefficient of Lateral Earth Pressure
- B) Coefficient of Reflection
- C) Coefficient of Restitution
- D) Coefficient of Pore Pressure SUBMIT
Click here to see the solution, if you have already tried this problem before