SE Structural Exam Course (Vertical Forces)Information about our SE Vertical Forces Exam Review Course for NCEES Certification
60-HOUR COMPREHENSIVE REVIEW COURSE WITH PRACTICE SESSIONS
We offer structural engineering review courses for Vertical Forces. We also offer a 60-hour review course for Lateral Forces.
Our review course offers a thorough review of a majority of the topics that will be covered on the SE Exam. Our 60-hour Vertical Forces review covers Analysis of Structures, Design and Details of Structures, Construction Administration, Design of Buildings, and Design of Bridges.
Our 60-hour Vertical Forces review course consists of refresher classes and workshop sessions:
- Refresher Classes - Prepares students by reviewing topics that are critical for the SE Vertical Forces exam. The course will allow students to experience some theory and high-probability problems. All topics will be taught in approximately 36 hours.
- Workshop Sessions -These allow our students to practice and solve several problems that require numerical solutions. All topics will be taught in approximately 24 hours. The workshops will exclusively consist of solving problems, which is critical for the SE exam.
If you are planning to take the SE exam(s), increase your confidence by enrolling in a SE Vertical Forces review course offered by School of PE. We will help you achieve your goal by:
- Focusing on important/high-probability topics that will appear on the exam
- Preparing you to possess essential problem-solving skills needed to pass the exam
- Covering topics in a logical, progressive manner
- Providing you with the confidence to breeze through the exam after the course
Question of the Week
The typical section of a 3-span steel plate girder bridge is shown in the figure. The spans are 90 ft., 120 ft., 90ft. The web depth is 39 inches, thickest bottom flange is 2 inches; bridge deck haunch is 1 ft and the barrier is 2 ft.-8 inches in height. The K-Type intermediate cross frames shown are spaced at 20 ft. and are composed of single angles 4 x 4 x 0.5 inches and the diagonals make a 38 degrees with the bottom struts. Consider a constant wind pressure of 50 PSF and the diagonal take both tension and compression.
Design Code: AASHTO LRFD BRIDGE DESIGN SPECIFICATIONS
Find the design force at the bottom strut in kips
- A) 2.00
- B) 2.50
- C) 3.80
- D) 1.50 SUBMIT
Click here to see the solution, if you have already tried this problem before