SE Structural Exam Course (Lateral Forces)Information about our SE Lateral Forces Exam Review Course for NCEES Certification
60-HOUR COMPREHENSIVE REVIEW COURSE WITH PRACTICE SESSIONS
School of PE offers structural engineering review courses for Lateral Forces. We also offer a 60-hour review course for Vertical Forces.
Our review course focuses on a majority of the topics that are sure to appear on the SE Exam. Our 60 hours of Lateral Forces review covers Analysis of Structures, Design and Details of Structures, Construction Administration, Design of Buildings, and Design of Bridges.
Our 60-hour Lateral Forces review course consists of refresher classes and workshop sessions:
- Refresher Classes - These classes prepare students by reviewing topics that are critical for the SE Lateral Forces exam. The course will allow students to experience some theory and high-probability problems. All topics will be taught in approximately 36 hours.
- Workshop Sessions -These allow our students to practice and solve several problems that require numerical solutions. All topics will be taught in approximately 24 hours. The workshops will exclusively consist of solving problems, which is critical for the SE exam.
School of PE believes in providing the best review courses in which we assign multiple instructors for the various topics. When the lectures are provided by instructors who are specialized in their fields, the effectiveness of the course is enhanced.
If you are planning to take the SE exam(s), increase your confidence by enrolling in our SE Review Course for Lateral Forces.
We will help you achieve your goal by:
- Focusing on important topics that are sure to appear on the exam
- Preparing you with the essential problem-solving skills needed to pass the exam
- Covering topics in a logical and progressive manner
- Providing you with the confidence and skills needed to effortlessly pass the SE exam
Question of the Week
A four story steel special moment-resisting frame (SMF) structure has the design force deflections ∂xe as shown. These have been determined according to ∂ 12.8, using a static, elastic analysis.
Occupance Category II
Seismic Design Category D
I = 1.0
Cd = 5.5
p = 1.3
Design earthquake deflection ------------------
- A) 5.5 ∂xe
- B) 1 ∂xe
- C) 10 ∂xe
- D) 5 ∂xe SUBMIT
Click here to see the solution, if you have already tried this problem before