SE Lateral Forces
60-HOUR COMPREHENSIVE REVIEW COURSE WITH PRACTICE SESSIONS
School of PE offers structural engineering review courses for Lateral Forces. We also offer a 60-hour review course for Vertical Forces.
Our review course focuses on a majority of the topics that are sure to appear on the SE Exam. Our 60 hours of Lateral Forces review covers Analysis of Structures, Design and Details of Structures, Construction Administration, Design of Buildings, and Design of Bridges.
Our 60-hour Lateral Forces review course consists of refresher classes and workshop sessions:
- Refresher Classes - These classes prepare students by reviewing topics that are critical for the SE Lateral Forces exam. The course will allow students to experience some theory and high-probability problems. All topics will be taught in approximately 36 hours.
- Workshop Sessions -These allow our students to practice and solve several problems that require numerical solutions. All topics will be taught in approximately 24 hours. The workshops will exclusively consist of solving problems, which is critical for the SE exam.
School of PE believes in providing the best review courses in which we assign multiple instructors for the various topics. When the lectures are provided by instructors who are specialized in their fields, the effectiveness of the course is enhanced.
If you are planning to take the SE exam(s), increase your confidence by enrolling in our SE Review Course for Lateral Forces.
We will help you achieve your goal by:
- Focusing on important topics that are sure to appear on the exam
- Preparing you with the essential problem-solving skills needed to pass the exam
- Covering topics in a logical and progressive manner
- Providing you with the confidence and skills needed to effortlessly pass the SE exam
What do our students say about our courses?
Check out some testimonials from past School of PE students:
"It really feels like the instructors want you to pass and dig deep into the subjects to give you the best advice and content to do so."
-- Mr. Larsen
Grand Island, NE (2018)
"School of PE's videos and notes did a good job highlighting critical topics and code provisions. I felt prepared for the SE Lateral Force Building exam and the School of PE course was my primary method of preparation."
-- Mr. Pearson
Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc
Houston, TX (2017)
Question of the Week
The three-story building structure shown below has flexible air-handling equipment supported by a ductile anchorage system. Anchor bolts in the floor slab meet the embedment length requirements. Identical equipment is located at the base and at the roof of the building.
Seismic Design Category D
SDS = 1.1
lp = 1.0
Wp = 10 kips
What is the design lateral seismic force at roof?
- A) 13.2 kips
- B) 10.0 kips
- C) 9.75 kips
- D) 4.8 kips SUBMIT
Click here to see the solution, if you have already tried this problem before