Fundamentals of Surveying (FS)
75-Hour Comprehensive Review Course
About our FS Exam Prep Course
Do you want to become a licensed Surveyor Engineer? Taking the Fundamentals of Surveying (FS) exam is the first step, and we’re here to help you pass. Our FS exam prep course is designed specifically using NCEES’ exam specifications. When you sign up for our prep course, you will receive comprehensive course materials that are based off of the FS Surveyor Reference manual, fundamentals of surveying practice problem and solution sheets, instructor-led course lectures, and more!
Topics Covered in the Course
- Surveying Processes and Methods
- Mapping Processes and Methods
- Boundary Law and Real Property Principles
- Surveying Principles
- Survey Computations and Computer Applications
- Business Concepts
- Applied Mathematics and Stastics
To help you pass the FS exam, we offer two separate delivery methods. Choose the one that fits your schedule and learning style!
- Live Online - If you are looking for a course that will hold you accountable with scheduled course sessions, our Live Online delivery method is for you! Sign up for this method to attend live classes, attend live practice problem sessions, and receive live instructor support.
- Ondemand - Our Ondemand delivery method provides immediate access once registration is complete, so you can begin studying right away! This flexible delivery method provides monthly subscriptions, or 4, 6, or 12-months of preparation time. Although this course isn’t live, you will receive recordings of course lectures, practice problem sessions, and access to send questions to your instructors via your Study Hub.
Choose the delivery method that fits your preparation needs by checking out our Compare Plans table. We also offer bundling options.
About the FS Exam
The FS exam is generally the first step in becoming professionally licensed. The 6-hour exam consists of 110 exam questions. This exam is computer-based, meaning that participants can take the exam at an NCEES-approved Pearson VUE test center.
Exam applicants who take the FS exam are typically pursuing professional careers as licensed surveyors. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, “Surveyors make precise measurements to determine property boundaries. They provide data relevant to the shape and contour of the Earth’s surface for engineering, mapmaking, and construction projects.”
Interested in signing up for our FS exam prep course? We’ll help you pass! Sign up today; you won’t be disappointed!