80-Hour Comprehensive Review Course with 100s of practice questions
All FE courses updated with new NCEES exam specifications.
Engineers: Take School of PE for a test drive with our FREE 10-question practice quiz. Click the button to get started Practice Quiz
FE Mechanical Exam Prep Course Structure
Our FE Mechanical exam prep course is designed to help you prepare for and pass the FE Mechanical exam. The course is broken into two sections: Refresher Sessions (reviews important mechanical engineering topics and theories that are likely to appear on the exam) and Workshop Sessions (gives students the opportunity to practice FE exam problems that are critical for the FE exam).
Topics Covered in the Course
- Probability and Statistics
- Ethics and Professional Practice
- Engineering Economics
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Dynamics, Kinematics, and Vibrations
- Mechanics of Materials
- Material Properties and Processing
- Fluid Mechanics
- Heat Transfer
- Measurements, Instrumentation, and Controls
- Mechanical Design and Analysis
Our FE Mechanical exam prep course is offered in two different formats. Check them out below:
- Live Online - The Live Online courses are led by our experienced instructors and follow a traditional classroom structure. The advantage is that this classroom is virtual, and students can attend class from the comfort of their homes. This online platform goes beyond one-way learning and follows a structured study schedule to keep students on track. Students attend live lectures online and can ask the instructor questions at any point. This option is for traditional learners!
- Ondemand - Feeling motivated? Register for a course in our Ondemand format. Here, students can choose from a monthly subscription plan, or sign up for a 4, 6, or 8-month Ondemand course. This format provides course material right away, so you don’t have to waste another minute stressing and can begin preparing for your exam.
Can’t decide between Live Online and Ondemand? Learn more about our learning formats by clicking here.
What do our students say about our FE Mechanical exam prep course?
"I attempted the test using another study course and failed, twice. After using School of PE, I passed the first time! Great instructors with relevant course content!"
-- Mr. Labarre
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
Vicksburg , MS
"School of PE was a great decision. The videos were easy to understand, and the practice exams were very helpful. The practice exams are a great simulation of the actual exam."
-- Mr. Sanchez
City of Los Angeles-BOE
About the FE Mechanical Exam
The FE Mechanical exam consists of 110 exam questions that cover a variety of mechanical engineering topics. The exam is a Computer-Based test and examinees have six hours to complete the exam. For reference, participants may use the FE Reference Handbook to help guide them during the exam.
Examinees who take the FE Mechanical exam typically are striving to become professional mechanical engineers. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, “Mechanical engineers design, develop, build, and test mechanical and thermal sensors and devices, including tools, engines, and machines.” Passing the FE Mechanical exam is the first step in becoming professionally licensed. Once examinees pass the FE, they can then begin preparing for the PE Mechanical exam.
According to NCEES, the national pass rate for the FE Mechanical exam from January to December 2019 was 76%. School of PE’s students had a much higher pass rate that the national average. Ready to pass the FE Mechanical exam? Sign up for a review course today!
Question of the Week
In a game “X” throw a dice and wins an amount based on the number he gets on it for example $1 for number 1 and $2 for number 2 and so on till number 6. What amount of money “X” expects for throwing 10 times?
- A) $35
- B) $100
- C) $20
- D) $111 SUBMIT
Click here to see the solution, if you have already tried this problem before