72-Hour Comprehensive Review Course with FE Exam Practice Sessions
FE Mechanical Exam Prep Course Structure
Our FE Mechanical exam prep course is designed to help you prepare for and pass the FE Mechanical exam. The course is broken into two sections: Refresher Classes (reviews important mechanical engineering topics and theories that are likely to appear on the exam) and Workshop Sessions (gives students the opportunity to practice FE exam problems that are critical for the FE exam).
Topics Covered in the Course
- Mechanics of Materials
- Probability and Statistics
- Material Properties and Processing
- Computational Tools
- Fluid Mechanics
- Ethics and Professional Practice
- Engineering Economics
- Heat Transfer
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Measurements, Instrumentation, and Controls
- Mechanical Design and Analysis
- Dynamics, Kinematics, and Vibrations
Our FE Mechanical exam prep course is offered in two different formats. Check them out below:
- Live Online - The Live Online courses are led by our experienced instructors and follow a traditional classroom structure. The advantage is that this classroom is virtual, and students can attend class from the comfort of their homes. This online platform goes beyond one-way learning and follows a structured study schedule to keep students on track. Students attend live lectures online and can ask the instructor questions at any point. This option is for traditional learners!
- Ondemand - Feeling motivated? Register for a course in our Ondemand format. Here, students can choose from a monthly subscription plan, or sign up for a 4, 6, or 8-month Ondemand course. This format provides course material right away, so you don’t have to waste another minute stressing and can begin preparing for your exam.
Can’t decide between Live Online and Ondemand? Learn more about our learning formats by clicking here.
What do our students say about our FE Mechanical exam prep course?
"Great Ressources! I am a full-time employee and a recent mom, I was able to study on my own time and the videos were very interesting."
-- Mrs. Barkad
Portland, ME (2019)
"School of PE allowed me to study on my own time through the recorded videos and practice questions. These lectures allowed me to study with a flexible schedule."
-- Ms. Vuto
Littleton, MA (2018)
About the FE Mechanical Exam
The FE Mechanical exam consists of 110 exam questions that cover a variety of mechanical engineering topics. The exam is a Computer-Based test and examinees have six hours to complete the exam. For reference, participants may use the FE Reference Handbook to help guide them during the exam.
Examinees who take the FE Mechanical exam typically are striving to become professional mechanical engineers. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, “Mechanical engineers design, develop, build, and test mechanical and thermal sensors and devices, including tools, engines, and machines.” Passing the FE Mechanical exam is the first step in becoming professionally licensed. Once examinees pass the FE, they can then begin preparing for the PE Mechanical exam.
According to NCEES, the national pass rate for the FE Mechanical exam between January and June 2018 was 77%. School of PE’s students had a much higher pass rate that the national average. Ready to pass the FE Mechanical exam? Sign up for a review course today!
Question of the Week
Water under an 18m head discharges freely into the atmosphere through a 25mm diameter orifice. The orifice is round-edged and has a coefficient of discharge of 0.98. Determine the velocity of the discharge water.
- A) 1.2 m/s
- B) 3.2 m/s
- C) 8.2 m/s
- D) 18 m/s SUBMIT
Click here to see the solution, if you have already tried this problem before