FE Electrical and Computer
80-Hour Comprehensive Review Course with 100s of practice questions
All FE courses updated with new NCEES exam specifications.
Engineers: Take School of PE for a test drive with our FREE 10-question practice quiz. Click the button to get started Practice Quiz
FE Electrical and Computer Exam Prep Course Structure
Our FE Electrical and Computer exam prep course is designed based on NCEES’ exam specifications. When you sign up for this review course, we will provide you with everything you need to pass. From FE exam practice problems to comprehensive refresher notes, we strive to make sure you walk into the FE Electrical and Computer exam feeling confidently prepared.
Topics Covered in the Course
- Probability and Statistics
- Ethics and Professional Practice
- Engineering Economics
- Properties of Electrical Materials
- Circuit Analysis (DC and AC Steady State)
- Linear Systems
- Signal Processing
- Power Systems
- Control Systems
- Computer Networks
- Digital Systems
- Computer Systems
- Software Engineering
Our FE Electrical and Computer exam prep course is offered via our Live Online and Ondemand learning formats.
- Live Online - This learning format provides a scheduled, structured learning experience. Very similar to a traditional classroom, our Live Online format allows students to attend live instructor led classes where they can interact with their instructors and classmates from the comfort of their homes.
- Ondemand - This flexible learning format provides monthly subscriptions, or 4, 6, or 8 months of preparation time. Ondemand provides immediate access to course materials, so when you register for this format you can begin studying right away!
Choose the learning format that fits your preparation needs by checking out our Compare Plans table. We also offer bundling options.
What do our students say about our FE Electrical and Computer course?
Check out some testimonials from past FE Electrical and Computer students:
"Because I was taking the FE Exam twenty-five years after graduation, I took multiple prep classes. I found the School of PE materials to be the closest match to the level of difficulty of the actual exam. Work every problem they provide, then take the exam!"
-- Mr. Shaffer
"Thank you for course. For me as for a person who graduated from non-US institution this course was very useful and I already applied for PE Class."
-- Mr. Korsun
Superstructures Engineers + Architects
Fair Lawn, NJ
About the FE Electrical and Computer Exam
The FE Electrical and Computer exam is generally the first step in becoming professionally licensed. The 6-hour FE Electrical and Computer exam consists of 110 exam questions. This exam is Computer-Based, meaning that participants can take the exam at an approved Pearson VUE test center.
Exam applicants who take this exam are typically planning on pursuing professional careers as electrical engineers. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, electrical engineers “Research, design, develop, test, or supervise the manufacturing and installation of electrical equipment, components, or systems for commercial, industrial, military, or scientific use.”
The national pass rate according to NCEES was 67% for the FE Electrical and Computer exam from January to December 2019. School of PE’s FE Electrical and Computer students had a much higher pass rate that the national average.
For information about our course fees and to learn about early registration discounts, visit our About Fee page. We also offer undergraduate student discounts for undergraduate students. Sign up for an FE Electrical exam prep course today!
Question of the Week
For a single phase capacitor start induction motor which of the following statements is valid?
- A) The capacitor is used for power factor improvement
- B) The direction of Rotation can be changed by reversing the main winding terminals
- C) The direction of rotation cannot be changed
- D) The direction of rotation can be changed by interchanging the supply terminals SUBMIT
Click here to see the solution, if you have already tried this problem before