72-Hour Comprehensive Review Course with FE Exam Practice Sessions
FE Civil Exam Prep Course Structure
Our FE Civil exam prep course is designed to help you pass the exam. Our instructors implement both refresher classes and workshop sessions into the FE Civil exam review course. The refresher classes focus on teaching students engineering concepts, whereas the workshop sessions focus exclusively on providing FE exam practice by solving problems that are critical for the FE Civil exam.
Topics Covered in the Course
- Fluid Mechanics
- Probability and Statistics
- Hydraulics and Hydrologic Systems
- Computational Tools
- Structural Analysis
- Ethics and Professional Practice
- Structural Design
- Engineering Economics
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Mechanics of Materials
Our FE Civil exam prep course is offered through two learning formats: Live Online and Ondemand.
- Live Online - Our Live Online format provides instructor-led sessions. This format mimics a traditional classroom but offers the convenience of learning at home. If you would like live interaction with your instructors or a study schedule, you’ll love this format!
- Ondemand - Our Ondemand format provides 4, 6, or 8 months of flexible studying. Monthly subscriptions are also available for this format. This learning format allows you to receive immediate access to lecture videos and class materials so that you can start studying right away!
To learn more about the features that are offered with our different learning formats, check out our Compare Plans table. Can’t decide on which format to choose? We also offer discounted bundling options.
What do our students say about our FE Civil exam prep course?
The verdict: they love our review course! Check out some of our favorite FE Civil testimonials below:
“School of PE was a great decision. The videos were easy to understand and the practice exams were very helpful. The practice exams are a great simulation of the actual exam.”
-- Mr. Sanchez
City of Los Angeles-BOE
Cudahy, CA (2019)
"I had tried review manuals and the PPI review course in preparation of the Civil FE exam, but failed it twice. For my third test attempt, I had come across the School of PE. I took the School of PE's On-Demand course for four months, and finally passed the exam!!!"
-- Mr. Quick
Alan Plummer Associates Inc
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX (2019)
About the FE Civil Exam
The FE Civil exam is a 6-hour Computer-Based exam. There are 110 questions on the exam, which can be answered with assistance from only the FE Reference Handbook.
Those who take the FE Civil exam typically are striving to become Professional Civil Engineers. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, “Civil engineers conceive, design, build, supervise, operate, construct, and maintain infrastructure projects and systems in the public and private sector, including roads, buildings, airports, tunnels, dams, bridges, and systems for water supply and sewage treatment.” Once students pass the FE exam, they can then prepare to take the PE Civil exam, which will grant professional licensure if passed.
According to NCEES, the national pass rate for the FE Civil exam between January and June 2018 was 69%. School of PE’s students had a much higher pass rate that the national average.
Visit our About Fee page for more information and to register for a FE Civil exam prep course. We also offer multiple discount deals such as early registration discounts, undergraduate discounts, and more!
Question of the Week
Which of the following is true of a normally consolidated clay?
- A) It will not settle further under present loading conditions.
- B) It appears to have been subjected to previous desiccation or drying.
- C) It will settle an additional amount if the water table rises.
- D) It appears to have been subjected to greater loading condition. SUBMIT
Click here to see the solution, if you have already tried this problem before