80-Hour Comprehensive Review Course with 100s of practice questions
All FE courses updated with new NCEES exam specifications.
Engineers: Take School of PE for a test drive with our FREE 10-question practice quiz. Click the button to get started Practice Quiz
FE Civil Exam Prep Course Structure
Our FE Civil exam prep course is designed to help you pass the exam. Our instructors implement both refresher sessions and workshop sessions into the FE Civil exam review course. The refresher sessions focus on teaching students engineering concepts, whereas the workshop sessions focus exclusively on providing FE exam practice by solving problems that are critical for the FE Civil exam.
Our New Study Hub: One Place for All Your Study Needs
Our reimagined Study Hub was designed with all of our students in mind—past, present, and future—to amplify their studies and help them approach exam day with confidence. FE Civil exam review course students can study anytime, anywhere, and on any device with these exciting features:
- Watch, pause, and resume lecture videos where you left off
- Make timestamped annotations on lecture videos
- Bookmark recordings to easily review at a later date
- Download, review, and annotate lecture notes
- Easily access eBooks
- Test your knowledge using different test formats in the Practice Portal Pro
- Quiz yourself on important definitions with the Flash Cards feature
- Ask questions to instructors while watching lecture videos
- Access discussion forums to communicate with other students
- Study using any device with an internet connection for a seamless experience
- Download the Study Hub app to take your studies on-the-go!
Topics Covered in the Course
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Ethics and Professional Practice
- Engineering Economics
- Mechanics of Materials
- Fluid Mechanics
- Water Resources and Environmental Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Construction Engineering
Our FE Civil exam prep course is offered through two learning formats: Live Online and Ondemand.
- Live Online - Our Live Online format provides instructor-led sessions. This format mimics a traditional classroom but offers the convenience of learning at home. If you would like live interaction with your instructors or a study schedule, you’ll love this format!
- Ondemand - Our Ondemand format provides 4, 6, or 12 months of flexible studying. Monthly subscriptions are also available for this format. This learning format allows you to receive immediate access to lecture videos and class materials so that you can start studying right away!
To learn more about the features that are offered with our different learning formats, check out our Compare Plans table. Can’t decide on which format to choose? We also offer discounted bundling options.
What do our students say about our FE Civil exam prep course?
The verdict: they love our review course! Check out some of our favorite FE Civil testimonials below:
"Before taking School of PE’s FE Civil Review Course I struggled on the FE and failed three times. I took the review course, studied all the course notes and viewed all the video recordings provided for the FE Civil then passed the exam the first time after studying using School of PE. I plan to enroll in your PE Civil review course when my exam date gets closer."
-- Mr. Schumaci
New York State DOT
Pleasant Valley, NY
"School of PE provided exactly the amount of information that I needed to refresh all of those concepts that I took long ago in undergrad. The instructors are well prepared and outstandingly knowledgeable of all the concepts involved in the FE Civil. Highly recommend this program to anyone who's looking for the means to pass the FE."
-- Mr. Moreno
About the FE Civil Exam
The FE Civil exam is a 6-hour Computer-Based exam. There are 110 questions on the exam, which can be answered with assistance from only the FE Reference Handbook.
Those who take the FE Civil exam typically are striving to become Professional Civil Engineers. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, “Civil engineers conceive, design, build, supervise, operate, construct, and maintain infrastructure projects and systems in the public and private sector, including roads, buildings, airports, tunnels, dams, bridges, and systems for water supply and sewage treatment.” Once students pass the FE exam, they can then prepare to take the PE Civil exam, which will grant professional licensure if passed.
According to NCEES, the national pass rate for the FE Civil exam from January to December 2019 was 65%. School of PE’s students had a much higher pass rate that the national average.
Visit our About Fee page for more information and to register for a FE Civil exam prep course. We also offer multiple discount deals such as early registration discounts, undergraduate discounts, and more!
Question of the Week
A 20-acre parcel of land has a rainfall intensity of 1.5 in/hr and a rational method runoff coefficient (C) of 0.10. The flow rate (cfs) for this site is most nearly:
- A) 3.0
- B) 6.0
- C) 7.5
- D) 9.0 SUBMIT
Click here to see the solution, if you have already tried this problem before