72-Hour Comprehensive Review Course with FE Exam Practice Sessions
FE Chemical Exam Prep Course Structure
Our FE Chemical exam refresher course covers a majority of the topics on the FE Chemical exam and includes practice material using the NCEES FE Reference Handbook version 9.5. This exam prep course is designed using NCEES’ FE Chemical exam specifications. Refresher classes and workshop sessions make up the 72 hours of the review course. Refresher classes are dedicated to preparing students for the topics that are critical for the FE exam. Workshop sessions motivate students to practice and solve several problems that require numerical solutions.
Topics Covered in the Course
- Material/Energy Balances
- Probability and Statistics
- Heat Transfer
- Engineering Sciences
- Mass Transfer and Separation
- Computational Tools
- Chemical Reaction Engineering
- Materials Science
- Process Design and Economics
- Process Control
- Fluid Mechanics/Dynamics
- Safety, Health, and Environment
- Ethics and Professional Practice
Our FE Chemical exam prep course is available via our Live Online and Ondemand learning formats. We also offer bundling options if you can’t choose one!
- Live Online - This live format allows students to attend live, scheduled class sessions. Students can interact with their classmates and instructors during class, just like a traditional onsite class setting. As long as you have internet access, you can attend this course from anywhere!
- Ondemand - Do you need flexibility in your exam preparation schedule? We understand that sometimes, it is hard to attend scheduled classes with a busy schedule. If you have a hectic schedule, check out our Ondemand option! This format allows you to study anywhere, anytime. Once you register, you will immediately receive access to course recordings and class materials.
Want more information on our learning format options? We break down all of the format features here.
What do our students say about our courses?
Check out some testimonials from past School of PE students:
"If you have been out of school for any length of time, the FE Review course is a very helpful refresher. The online lectures and provided example problems are structured to only cover the topics that will be encountered on the exam, allowing the reviewer to spend their study time in the most efficient possible way."
-- Mr. Hembry
Kansas City, MO
“School of PE is an invaluable tool that was pivotal in helping me pass the PE exam! It helped streamline my study process, held me accountable, and kept me on track with my study schedule. I highly recommend School of PE!”
-- Ms. L. Marten
About the FE Chemical Exam
The FE Chemical exam is generally the first step in becoming professionally licensed. This exam is six hours long and is exam is computer-based, meaning that participants can take the exam at an approved Pearson VUE test center.
Exam applicants who take this exam are typically planning on pursuing professional careers as chemical engineers. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, chemical engineers “apply the principles of chemistry, biology, physics, and math to solve problems that involve the production or use of chemicals, fuel, drugs, food, and many other products. They design processes and equipment for large-scale manufacturing, plan and test production methods and byproducts treatment, and direct facility operations.”
The national pass rate was 80% for the FE Chemical exam between January and June 2018 according to NCEES. School of PE’s FE Chemical students had a much higher pass rate that the national average.
We offer a variety of discounts for our FE Chemical exam prep class, including early registration discounts and undergraduate student discounts. What are you waiting for? Sign up for a FE Chemical exam prep course to begin preparing for your exam today!