80-Hour Comprehensive Review Course with 100s of practice questions
All FE courses updated with new NCEES exam specifications.
Engineers: Take School of PE for a test drive with our FREE 10-question practice quiz. Click the button to get started Practice Quiz
FE Chemical Exam Prep Course Structure
Our FE Chemical exam refresher course covers a majority of the topics on the FE Chemical exam and includes practice material using the NCEES FE Reference Handbook version 10.0. This exam prep course is designed using NCEES’ FE Chemical exam specifications. Refresher sessions and workshop sessions make up the 80 hours of the review course. Refresher sessions are dedicated to preparing students for the topics that are critical for the FE exam. Workshop sessions motivate students to practice and solve several problems that require numerical solutions.
Topics Covered in the Course
- Probability and Statistics
- Engineering Sciences
- Materials Science
- Chemistry and Biology
- Fluid Mechanics/Dynamics
- Material/Energy Balances
- Heat Transfer
- Mass Transfer and Separation
- Solids Handling
- Chemical Reaction Engineering
- Process Design
- Process Control
- Safety, Health, and Environment
- Ethics and Professional Practice
Our FE Chemical exam prep course is available via our Live Online and Ondemand learning formats. We also offer bundling options if you can’t choose one!
- Live Online - This live format allows students to attend live, scheduled class sessions. Students can interact with their classmates and instructors during class, just like a traditional onsite class setting. As long as you have internet access, you can attend this course from anywhere!
- Ondemand - Do you need flexibility in your exam preparation schedule? We understand that sometimes, it is hard to attend scheduled classes with a busy schedule. If you have a hectic schedule, check out our Ondemand option! This format allows you to study anywhere, anytime. Once you register, you will immediately receive access to course recordings and class materials.
Want more information on our learning format options? We break down all of the format features here.
What do our students say about our courses?
Check out some testimonials from past School of PE students:
"School of PE is an excellent preparation program. I have tried various other courses and School of PE is by far the best. From the instructors, to the section and practice exams, in depth class notes, the experience was amazing. I would recommend this course to any engineer especially engineers that have been out of school for some time. Thank you so much School of PE."
-- Mr. Dozier
South Carolina DOT
Goose Creek, SC
"The School of PE Review course for the FE Exam helped me pass the exam after trying to study on my own without success. After being out of school for eight years I was really pleased with the School of PE preparation review course for the FE exam. Thank you so much School of PE!"
-- Mr. Bell
Federal Aviation Administration
About the FE Chemical Exam
The FE Chemical exam is generally the first step in becoming professionally licensed. This exam is six hours long and is exam is computer-based, meaning that participants can take the exam at an approved Pearson VUE test center.
Exam applicants who take this exam are typically planning on pursuing professional careers as chemical engineers. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, chemical engineers “apply the principles of chemistry, biology, physics, and math to solve problems that involve the production or use of chemicals, fuel, drugs, food, and many other products. They design processes and equipment for large-scale manufacturing, plan and test production methods and byproducts treatment, and direct facility operations.”
The national pass rate was 73% for the FE Chemical exam from January to December 2019 according to NCEES. School of PE’s FE Chemical students had a much higher pass rate that the national average.
We offer a variety of discounts for our FE Chemical exam prep class, including early registration discounts and undergraduate student discounts. What are you waiting for? Sign up for a FE Chemical exam prep course to begin preparing for your exam today!
Question of the Week
Which of the following occurs in the reaction Cu+2+Zn→ Cu + Zn+2?
- A) Only copper is oxidized.
- B) Only Zinc is oxidized.
- C) Both copper and zinc are oxidized.
- D) Neither copper nor zinc is oxidized. SUBMIT
Click here to see the solution, if you have already tried this problem before