CA Seismic Exam Review Course - Starting with our April 2018 Live Online course, our classes are geared toward the new exam formatInformation about our CA Seismic exam review course with workshop sessions
15-HOUR COMPREHENSIVE REVIEW COURSE WITH PRACTICE SESSIONS
Our CA Seismic exam review course offers a thorough review of a majority of the topics that will be covered on the exam. Our 15-hour review course covers the following topics: seismic data and design criteria, seismic characteristics of engineered systems, seismic forces, seismic analysis procedures, and seismic detailing and construction quality control.
Our 15-hour review course is divided into two parts:
- Refresher Sessions - These prepare students by reviewing topics that are critical for the CA Seismic exam. This section will allow students to experience some theory and high-probability problems. Approximately 60% of the total class time is dedicated to refresher sessions.
- Workshop Sessions - These allow our students to practice and solve several problems that require numerical solutions. Approximately 40% of the total class time is dedicated to workshop sessions. The workshops consist exclusively of solving problems, which is critical for the CA Seismic exam.
Our CA Seismic course is offered through three learning formats: Onsite, Live Online, and Ondemand.
- Onsite - Our Onsite format provides a traditional classroom setting with instructor-led sessions. This format offers live interaction with instructors and a structured study schedule. Our CA Seismic Onsite classes are offered on weekends. Select Onsite Schedule from the side menu to see which locations we offer.
- Live Online - Our Live Online format provides instructor-led online sessions. This format offers live interaction with instructors and a structured study schedule. It’s just like being in a classroom except it is online. Our CA Seismic Live Online classes are offered on weekends. Select Live Online Schedule from the side menu to find out when our next class session will begin.
- Ondemand - Our Ondemand format provides students with immediate access to course video recordings, refresher notes, and workshop problems so they can begin studying right away. Students select if they want four, six, or eight months of access to the course materials. Students who want the flexibility of Ondemand but are not sure of how long they need access to the course materials for can select the Ondemand Monthly Subscription option. The monthly subscription provides students with Ondemand access on a monthly basis until the subscription is canceled. Select Ondemand Classes from the side menu to register for our free Ondemand demo to try out our recorded class videos for 30 days.
To learn more about the features that are offered with our different learning formats, check out our Compare Plans table.
What makes our CA Seismic course unique?
- School of PE has been helping its students pass their exams for more than a decade. Through years of experience preparing exam review courses and obtaining student feedback, School of PE has formulated and strategized what really makes the best review course.
- Because of our Prepare, Practice, Pass initiative, School of PE’s pass rates continue to be much higher than the national pass rates.
- Our user-friendly student learning center provides our students with the necessary tools to stay organized. Whether students register for an Onsite, Live Online, or Ondemand course, they will be provided with access to their very own student learning center. From the student learning center, students can download refresher notes and workshop problems, watch course recordings, and engage with instructors and fellow students (not applicable for the Ondemand Monthly Subscription).
Visit our About Fee page for more information and to register for a CA Seismic exam review course.
Question of the Week
Which of the following geotechnical conditions can damage even well-designed structures?
I. Large settlement or lateral spreading of soil beneath structures
II. Ground movements associated with surface rupture
III. Slope failure
- A) I only
- B) II only
- C) I and III only
- D) I, II, & III SUBMIT
Click here to see the solution, if you have already tried this problem before