We offer PE Mechanical review courses for the HVAC and Refrigeration exam, Machine Design and Materials exam, and Thermal and Fluid Systems exam.
HVAC and Refrigeration Exam Review Course – Our 60-hour review course covers the following topics: basic engineering practice, thermodynamics, psychrometrics, heat transfer, fluid mechanics, energy/mass balances, heating/cooling loads, equipment and components, systems and components, and supportive knowledge.
Machine Design and Materials Exam Review Course – Our 60-hour review course covers the following topics: basic engineering practice, engineering science and mechanics, material properties, strength of materials, vibration, mechanical components, joints and fasteners, and supportive knowledge.
Thermal and Fluid Systems Exam Review Course – Our 60-hour review course covers the following topics: basic engineering practice, fluid mechanics, heat transfer principles, mass balance principles, thermodynamics, supportive knowledge, hydraulic and fluid applications, and energy/power system applications.
Our 60-hour PE Mechanical review courses are divided into two parts:
- Refresher Classes - These prepare students by reviewing topics that are critical for the PE Mechanical exams. The course allows students to experience some theory and high-probability problems. All topics will be taught in approximately 36 hours.
- Workshop Sessions - These allow our students to practice and solve several problems that require numerical solutions. All topics will be taught in approximately 24 hours. The workshops consist exclusively of solving problems, which is critical for the PE Mechanical exams.
Our PE Mechanical exam review courses are offered through two learning formats: Live Online and Ondemand.
- Live Online - Our Live Online format provides instructor-led online sessions. This format offers live interaction with instructors and a structured study schedule. It’s just like being in a classroom except it is online. Our PE Mechanical HVAC and Refrigeration and Machine Design and Materials classes are offered on weekday evenings. Our PE Mechanical Thermal and Fluid Systems classes are offered on weekends. Select Live Online Schedule from the side menu to find out when our next PE Mechanical Live Online class sessions will begin.
- Ondemand - Our Ondemand format provides students with immediate access to 60 hours of course video recordings, refresher notes, and workshop problems so they can begin studying right away. Select Ondemand Classes from the side menu to register for our free Ondemand demo to try out our recorded class videos for 30 days.
To learn more about the features that are offered with our different learning formats, check out our Compare Plans table.
What makes our PE Mechanical courses unique?
- School of PE has been helping its students pass their exams for more than a decade. Through years of experience preparing exam review courses and obtaining student feedback, School of PE has formulated and strategized what really makes the best review course.
- To help our students get the most out of preparing for their exams, we have multiple instructors for our PE Mechanical exam review courses. Each instructor is assigned to teach a topic that they specialize in, so you can be confident that you are receiving the best instruction for each topic.
- Because of our Prepare, Practice, Pass initiative, School of PE’s pass rates continue to be much higher than the national pass rates.
- Our user-friendly student learning center provides our students with the necessary tools to stay organized. Whether students register for a Live Online or Ondemand course, they will be provided with access to their very own student learning center. From the student learning center, students can download refresher notes and workshop problems, watch course recordings, and engage with instructors and fellow students.
Visit our About Fee page for more information and to register for a PE Mechanical exam review course.