PE Electrical Exam Review CoursesInformation about our PE Electrical and Computer exam review courses with practice sessions
We offer PE Electrical and Computer review courses for the Power exam and the Electronics, Controls, and Communications exam. Each course offers a thorough review of a majority of the topics that will be covered on the respective examinations. Each review course is 64 hours long.
Power Exam Review Course - Our 64-hour review course covers the following topics: general power engineering, circuits, rotating machines and electric power devices, and transmission and distribution.
Electronics, Controls, and Communications Exam Review Course - Our 64-hour review course covers the following topics: general electrical engineering knowledge, digital systems, electromagnetics, electronics, control systems, and communications.
Our 64-hour PE Electrical and Computer review courses are divided into two parts:
- Refresher Classes - These prepare students by reviewing topics that are critical for the PE Electrical exams. The course allows students to experience some theory and high-probability problems. Approximately 60% of the course is devoted to review sessions.
- Workshop Sessions - These allow our students to practice and solve several problems that require numerical solutions. Approximately 40% of the course is devoted to workshop sessions. The workshops consist exclusively of solving problems, which is critical for the PE Electrical exams.
Our PE Electrical and Computer exam review courses are offered through two learning formats: Live Online and Ondemand.
- Live Online - Our Live Online format provides instructor-led online sessions. This format offers live interaction with instructors and a structured study schedule. It’s just like being in a classroom except it is online. Our PE Electrical Power Live Online classes are offered on weekday evenings and on weekends during the spring sessions and on weekday evenings during the fall sessions. Our PE Electrical Electronics, Controls, and Communications Live Online classes are offered on weekends during the fall sessions. Select Live Online Schedule from the side menu to find out when our next class session will begin.
- Ondemand - Our Ondemand format provides students with immediate access to 64 hours of course video recordings, refresher notes, and workshop problems so they can begin studying right away. Select Ondemand Classes from the side menu to register for our free Ondemand demo to try out our recorded class videos for 30 days.
To learn more about the features that are offered with our different learning formats, check out our Compare Plans table.
What makes our PE Electrical and Computer courses unique?
- School of PE has been helping its students pass their exams for more than a decade. Through years of experience preparing exam review courses and obtaining student feedback, School of PE has formulated and strategized what really makes the best review course.
- To help our students get the most out of preparing for their exams, we have multiple instructors for our PE Electrical and Computer exam review courses. Each instructor is assigned to teach a topic that they specialize in, so you can be confident that you are receiving the best instruction for each topic.
- Because of our Prepare, Practice, Pass initiative, School of PE’s pass rates continue to be much higher than the national pass rates.
- Our user-friendly student learning center provides our students with the necessary tools to stay organized. Whether students register for a Live Online or Ondemand course, they will be provided with access to their very own student learning center. From the student learning center, students can download refresher notes and workshop problems, watch course recordings, and engage with instructors and fellow students.
Visit our About Fee page for more information and to register for a PE Electrical and Computer exam review course.
Question of the Week
Two coils in differential connection have self inductance of 2 mH and 4 mH and a mutual inductance of 0.15 mH. The equivalent inductance of the combination is
- A) 5.7 mH
- B) 5.85 mH
- C) 6 mH
- D) 6.15 mH SUBMIT
Click here to see the solution, if you have already tried this problem before