We offer review courses that cover the six divisions of the Architect Registration Examination (ARE) 5.0. These divisions are practice management, project management, programming and analysis, project planning and design, project development and documentation, and construction and evaluation. Each division will be covered in 24 hours.
Live Online Instruction:
Unlike other ARE 5.0 review courses we provide instructor led live classes for each of these divisons. This allows our students to not only interact with the instructor as the class is taking place but also allows our students to see other students questions and concerns which can often provide valuable insite into a specifc topic. As an added benefit the live online sessions are recorded and available for your review.
Our 24-hour review courses for each division consists of refresher sessions and workshop sessions:
- Refresher Sessions - These prepare students by reviewing topics that are critical for the ARE 5.0 exam. This section will allow students to experience some theory and high-probability problems. Approximately 60% of the total class time is spent on refresher sessions.
- Workshop Sessions - These allow our students to practice and solve several problems that are standalone and require numerical solutions. Approximately 40% of the total class time is spent on workshop sessions. The workshops consist exclusively of solving problems, which is critical for the ARE.
Topics covered in each divison:
- Practice Management - Business operations, finances, risk, and development of practice, practice-wide delivery of services, and practice methodologies.
- Project Management - Resource management, project work planning, contracts, project execution, and project quality control.
- Programming and Analysis - Environmental and contextual conditions, codes and regulations, site analysis and programming, and building analysis and programming.
- Project Planning and Design - Environmental conditions and context, codes and regulations, building systems, materials, and assemblies, project integration of program and systems, and project costs and budgeting.
- Project Development and Documentation - Integration of building materials and systems, construction documentation, project manual and specifications, codes and regulations, and construction cost estimates.
- Construction and Evaluation - Preconstruction activities, construction observation, administrative procedures and protocols, and project closeout and evaluation.
About the ARE 5.0 Exam
The ARE exam consists of 6 separate divisions and although the divisions are designed to follow the progression of the typical architecture project an examinee can take each of these divisions in any order they chose.
Allotted time to pass all 6 divisions:
Once a passing score is received on a division this starts what is referred to as a “rolling clock”. From this point forward an examinee has 5 years, from the date the examinee took their exam and passed, to pass the other 5 divisions. In the event an examinee does not pass the other needed divisions in the allotted 5 years the passing score for that exam will expire and the examinee will be required to retake that division.
Each jurisdiction has their own eligibility requirements so any interested party should contact their jurisdictions board of architecture.