Principles and Practice of Surveying (PS)
60-HOUR COMPREHENSIVE REVIEW COURSE WITH PRACTICE SESSIONS
Our PS exam refresher course covers a majority of the topics on the PS exam and includes practice using the NCEES PS Reference Handbook.
PS Course Structure
Our 60-hour review course is divided into two parts:
- Refresher Classes - Approximately 60% of the review course is dedicated to preparing students for the topics that are critical for the PS Exam. This section will allow students to experience some theory and high-probability problems.
- Workshop Sessions -Approximately 40% of the review course is dedicated to workshop sessions. These sessions motivate students to practice and solve several problems that require numerical solutions. The workshop sessions are exclusively for solving problems that are critical for the PS Exam.
School of PE provides specialized instructors who are experts in their fields. Our instructors provide in-depth knowledge of the most important topics presented on the exam.
Topics Covered in the Course
- Legal Principles
- Professional Survey Practices
- Standards and Specifications
- Business/Professional Practices
- Types of Surveys
Why School of PE’s PS Review Course?
Our review course will increase your confidence level while providing you with an exceptional learning experience. Our goal is to aid you in achieving and exceeding your PS exam expectations by:
- Focusing on important and high-probability topics
- Increasing your problem-solving skillset by learning from experienced instructors
- Presenting the material in a logical and progressive manner that is easy to follow and understand
- Enabling students to take on the challenges of the PS exam without any difficulties
About the PS Exam
Individual exam takers have 6 hours to answer the questions. There are 100 questions presented on the exam. The PS exam uses the U.S. Customary System (USCS) of units.