PE Mechanical Exam Review Course - Our review course is based on the exam changes that are effective starting with the spring 2017 exam.Information about our PE Mechanical exam review courses with practice sessions
We offer PE Mechanical review courses for the HVAC and Refrigeration exam, Machine Design and Materials exam, and Thermal and Fluid Systems exam.
HVAC and Refrigeration Exam Review Course – Our 60-hour review course covers the following topics: basic engineering practice, thermodynamics, psychrometrics, heat transfer, fluid mechanics, energy/mass balances, heating/cooling loads, equipment and components, systems and components, and supportive knowledge.
Machine Design and Materials Exam Review Course – Our 60-hour review course covers the following topics: basic engineering practice, engineering science and mechanics, material properties, strength of materials, vibration, mechanical components, joints and fasteners, and supportive knowledge.
Thermal and Fluid Systems Exam Review Course – Our 60-hour review course covers the following topics: basic engineering practice, fluid mechanics, heat transfer principles, mass balance principles, thermodynamics, supportive knowledge, hydraulic and fluid applications, and energy/power system applications.
Our 60-hour review courses are divided into two parts:
- Refresher Classes - These prepare students by reviewing topics that are critical for the PE exam. The course allows students to experience some theory and high-probability problems. All topics will be taught in approximately 36 hours.
- Workshop Sessions - These allow our students to practice and solve several problems that require numerical solutions. All topics will be taught in approximately 24 hours. The workshops consist exclusively of solving problems, which is critical for the PE exam.
Our review course is taught by multiple instructors; we believe in lectures given by instructors who specialize in their fields.
If you are planning to take one of the PE Mechanical exams, increase your confidence by enrolling in a PE review course offered by School of PE. We will help you achieve your goal by:
- Focusing on important/high-probability topics that will appear on the exam
- Preparing you with essential problem-solving skills needed to pass the exam
- Covering topics in a logical, progressive manner
- Providing you with the confidence to breeze through the exam after the course
Question of the Week
A dress manufacturing company has 2 processes – Design & Stitching. In the designing unit there is 94% likely to be non-defective. Similarly 84% non-defective output likely in stitching unit. What is the probability that the dress selected is defective.
- A) 0.21
- B) 0.12
- C) 0.83
- D) 0.79 SUBMIT
Click here to see the solution, if you have already tried this problem before