Fundamentals of Surveying (FS)
72-HOUR COMPREHENSIVE REVIEW COURSE WITH PRACTICE SESSIONS
Our FS exam refresher course covers a majority of the topics on the FS exam and includes practice using the NCEES FS Reference Handbook.
FS Course Structure
Our 72-hour review course is divided into two parts:
- Refresher Classes - Approximately 60% of the review course is dedicated to preparing students for the topics that are critical for the FS Exam. This section will allow students to experience some theory and high-probability problems.
- Workshop Sessions -Approximately 40% of the review course is dedicated to workshop sessions. These sessions motivate students to practice and solve several problems that require numerical solutions. The workshop sessions are exclusively for solving problems that are critical for the FS Exam.
School of PE provides specialized instructors who are experts in their fields. Our instructors provide in-depth knowledge of the most important topics presented on the exam.
Topics Covered in the Course
- Basic Sciences
- Spatial Data Acquisition and Reduction
- Survey Computations and Computer Applications
- Statistics and Adjustments
- Boundary and Cadastral Survey Law
- Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing
- Survey Processes and Methods
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Graphical Communication and Mapping
- Professional Communication
- Business Concepts
Why School of PE’s FS Review Course?
Our review course will increase your confidence level while providing you with an exceptional learning experience. Our goal is to aid you in achieving and exceeding your FS Exam expectations by:
- Focusing on important and high probability topics
- Increasing your problem solving skillset by learning from experienced instructors
- Presenting the material in a logical and progressive manner that is easy to follow and understand
- Enabling students to take on the challenges of the FS exam without any difficulties
About the FS Exam
Individual exam takers have 6 hours to answer the questions. There are 110 multiple-choice questions presented on the exam. During the test, there will be informational tutorials about the exam environment, a short break, and an exam experience survey at the end. The measurement units used for the FS Exam are the International System of Units (SI) and the U.S. Customary System (USCS).