FE Chemical Exam Review Course
72-HOUR COMPREHENSIVE REVIEW COURSE WITH PRACTICE SESSIONS
Our FE Chemical exam refresher course covers the majority of the topics on the FE Chemical exam and includes practice using the NCEES FE Reference Handbook.
FE Chemical Course Structure
Our 72-hour review course is divided into two parts:
- Refresher Classes - Approximately 60% of the review course is dedicated to preparing students for the topics that are critical for the FE Exam. This section allows students to experience some theory and high-probability problems.
- Workshop Sessions -Approximately 40% of the review course is dedicated to workshop sessions. These sessions motivate students to practice and solve several problems that require numerical solutions. Workshop sessions are exclusively for solving problems that are critical for the FE Exam.
School of PE provides specialized instructors who are experts in their fields. Our instructors provide in-depth knowledge for the most important topics presented on the exam.
Topics Covered in the Course
- Material/Energy Balances
- Probability and Statistics
- Heat Transfer
- Engineering Sciences
- Mass Transfer and Separation
- Computational Tools
- Chemical Reaction Engineering
- Materials Science
- Process Design and Economics
- Process Control
- Fluid Mechanics/Dynamics
- Safety, Health, and Environment
- Ethics and Professional Practice
Question of the Week
Hydrogen (H2) and oxygen (O2) are reacted in a fuel cell to produce energy. The product of the reaction is water, and any excess gases are vented after the fuel cell, as shown in the figure below. The hydrogen and oxygen tanks are maintained at the same temperature and pressure, and they feed at the same volumetric flow rate. The reaction goes to 60% completion in the fuel cell (Hydrogen basis).
If all the unreacted hydrogen and a portion of the unreacted oxygen are recycled, then the molar ratio of oxygen in the vent to oxygen in the fresh feed is most nearly:
- A) 0.10
- B) 0.50
- C) 0.58
- D) 0.82 SUBMIT
Click here to see the solution, if you have already tried this problem before